Snickers hungry for Football
Regional - Snickers has kicked off its ‘You're not you when you're hungry' regional brand campaign, which will run simultaneously in Malaysia, Singapore and the Philippines. The campaign will leverage on each of the country's football teams for its promotions.
The campaign started on 1 April with a TVC and will run until 15 May with an ongoing digital campaign hosted on each country's official Snickers Facebook page.
In line with the campaign’s TVC that touches on the concept of football, each country’s national football club will lend its presence in promoting the campaign making it more specific to each market.
Ng See Meng, marketing director of Mars Food Malaysia, told A+M, "Sports is an excellent way to show that we cannot perform at our best when we are hungry. Football is a pretty universal game and has always been a hit in Malaysia."
"But after the 2010 AFF Suzuki Cup, where the Harimau Malaya made their name in history, it exploded. The football craze in Malaysia is like never before. It is incredible to have the national heroes involved in the launch. Their presence with us for the launch will surely help us get the word out on the campaign."
The brand would also be leveraging on radio in promoting the campaign on hitz.fm in Malaysia, Magic 89.0 and PX93.1 in Philippines and 987FM in Singapore.
The campaign is targeted at youths and young adults, with the aim to create brand awareness. However, Ng added that during the campaign period, they would have in-store promotional packs for consumer's value added benefit.
Agencies on board the campaign are Starcom Mediavest group for media, BBDO Malaysia for creative and online executions and Jireh Consult for public relations initiatives.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Starcom MediaVest Group
Starcom MediaVest Group Related Stories:
- SMG promotes Somanathan to regional role
- Media buying: How to invest right
- SMV Group digital director leaves
- Starcom boosts digital team in China
- SMG appoints Mallikarjunadas as CEO
- China gears towards sophisticated luxury
- Heineken picks Starcom for global duties
- Starcom bolsters research in Asia Pacific
- SMG appoints president of global ops
- SMG realigns global ops
- SMG India makes top rank changes
- DiGi gets social with Super Reload
- SMG pulls off a clean sweep at FOM Awards
- Starcom MediaVest India switches CEOs
- The DiGi-Berry saga continues
- Starcom names new client service director
- Doris Kuok joins Starcom
- Sane exits Starcom, not to be replaced
- Starcom appoints global search head
- SMG's LiquidThread debuts in APAC