Shell launches ‘Supercar’ campaign
Malaysia - Shell Malaysia has launched its new enhanced motor oils range of seven products for this year through the global ‘Get Your Heart Racing' campaign.
Chia Uen Li (pictured centre), cluster general manager, Shell Lubricants SEA-South, said the Shell Helix range of motor oils was developed for proud car owners who want only the best for their cars.
"For many Malaysians, the car is a major investment and often, an indispensable part of life. At Shell, we have been able to leverage on our technological leadership and our six-decade partnership with Ferrari in Formula One, to develop products and technologies for the race track that could then be transferred to the road. We believe this is why proud car owners choose Shell Helix," added Chia.
As part of the campaign, Shell has launched a global TVC called ‘Supercars' partnering with Ferrari to transport proud drivers into a world where every car on the road is a Ferrari ‘Supercar'.
Making its debut on 16 April, the TVC will run across major TV stations, complemented by press ads, below-the-line executions and online engagement via Shell's website and YouTube page.
Shell will also be conducting roadshows in Johor Bahru this weekend and in Penang the next to talk about the motor oil's offering.
It also launched the 2012 edition of the Shell Helix Global Promotion, which will send five Malaysian winners on an all-expense paid VIP trip to Italy worth more than RM20,000 each, including a visit to Maranello, home of the Ferrari, shopping in Milan, and watching the Italian Grand Prix at Monza in September.
Running from 15 March to 31 May, customers who purchase a four-litre pack of Shell Helix Ultra oil or Shell Helix HX7 range will be eligible to enter and win by counting the number of Shell Helix words in an image on the entry form.
Fifteen lucky finalists will take part in the fun-filled Shell Helix Challenge in July 2012, before five lucky winners get to embark on the trip of a lifetime.
Seow Lee Ming (pictured left), Shell Cluster marketing manager said, "The Shell Helix Global Promotion had become a much-anticipated annual event with its exciting interactive format and spectacular prizes. At Shell, we will continue to leverage on our exclusive partnership with Ferrari to reward our customers with memorable experiences no other lubricant brand can offer".
Shell's global creative agency is JWT, while media is handled locally by Maxus Communications Malaysia.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Maxus Communications Malaysia
- Shell Malaysia
JWT Related Stories:
- Fragrance firm helps Alzheimer's patients
- Bill Chan heads back to JWT
- Nestle Thailand taps JWT for digital duties
- Samsonite hands JWT regional duties
- JWT sets sight on Myanmar
- JWT taps Pernod Ricard’s Cecila Yim
- Ford ads reignite digital crisis debate
- JWT Singapore promotes Cheng
- JWT nabs TBWA talent
- JWT replaces regional planning lead
- XM Asia Pacific snaps up Thai agency
- JWT scoops up Nissin’s noodle business
- Update: HSBC splits global ad duties
- Hu steps in as GM for JWT Shanghai
- JWT wins all three Indosat brands
- TBWA nabs JWT's creative lead
- SpiceJet flies high with JWT
- JWT reveals local top trends for 2013
- JWT goes shopping with EPOS
- HSBC harnesses the power of imagination