Mitch Markson Joins Ogilvy PR
New York - Ogilvy Public Relations (Ogilvy PR), an integrated global communications firm, has appointed Mitch Markson (pictured) as president of the agency's Global Consumer Marketing Practice and chief creative officer for a new Purpose Branding initiative designed to bridge multiple existing specialty offerings. Markson starts the new position 4 June.
Markson joins from Edelman, where he served as Global Chief Creative Officer.
In this role, Markson's responsibilities will be two-fold: leading and expanding the Consumer Practice community worldwide to deliver relevant, strategic and breakthrough, idea-driven campaigns for new and existing clients; and crafting purpose-branding solutions for a variety of clients and their stakeholders.
Reporting to Ogilvy PR's Global CEO, Christopher Graves, Markson will advise and lead the consumer practices at the regional and local levels and work collaboratively with Ogilvy & Mather colleagues to help clients realize their integrated marketing needs across advertising, PR and social media.
Graves pointed out that Ogilvy & Mather offers Mitch a much larger canvas to paint on, allowing him to collaborate with Ogilvy & Mather's consumer brand leaders in PR, advertising, direct and social. And secondly, to bring his creative firepower to purpose-driven specialized offerings.
Purpose Branding will help clients and their brands connect emotionally with all stakeholders, who now, more than ever, expect brands to advance and accelerate a commitment to social responsibility alongside the expectations of financial performance. This new approach will creatively bridge such existing specialized practices as: OgilvyEarth (specialists in sustainability and environment); Ogilvy Impact (behavior change related to a company's own employees); social marketing (behavior change among consumers and large populations), and corporate social responsibility.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ogilvy and Mather
Ogilvy and Mather Related Stories:
- Is stress to blame for Ogilvy employee's death?
- Death sparks debate on overtime
- Young Ogilvy employee dies from heart attack
- Ogilvy boosts its medical education offering
- M+S makes agency appointments
- GM 'there's no excuse for insensitivity'
- Coca-Cola turns strangers into friends
- Perrier parties with psychedelic hipsters
- Ogilvy snags Collins for top creative role
- Castrol gets clingy in new campaign
- Who says CSR is boring?
- Chen named to OgilvyOne Worldwide board
- O&M Shanghai looks to grow social offering
- O&M Beijing appoints new ECD
- Ogilvy serves virtual dumplings for CNY
- NHB appoints O&M for its PR duties
- Coca-Cola goes nice, lucky, crazy
- Ogilvy Singapore makes senior appointments
- ECCO names China PR
- O&M: Malls will be no longer necessary