Singapore Navy launches Battlefleet
Singapore - The Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN) has launched its first ever Facebook game ‘Battlefleet: Singapore’.
The game launch comes parallel to the release of major UIP blockbuster movie ‘Battleship’ which has just hit the local cinemas.
The Facebook game will be running from 9 April to 7 May 2012 and is the first of RSN’s attempt in the Facebook gaming field. Its other digital ventures include mobile games via QR codes and an online reality TV series.
The game will be made available on the CyberPioneer page, the official page of the armed forces where the highest scorer every day will be rewarded with two tickets to the movie ‘Battleship’ as well as stand a chance to win the grand prize of a new iPad.
The game devised and produced by Y&R Singapore, is part of RSN's ongoing ‘Go Beyond Horizons’ campaign.
“By uniquely leveraging the popularity of this major movie, combined with the growing trend of social media usage and Facebook gaming, it allows us to create a campaign that is totally refreshing to our target audience,” Kea Sui Hong, senior account director Y&R Singapore, said.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
- Y&R Brands
Y&R Brands Related Stories:
- Chinese women aspire to be housewives
- Y&R Hong Kong appoints new GM
- Tim Tam relaunches with a happy truck
- Y&R names new Gap lead
- Minimise the gap
- M1 gets friendly with consumers
- Y&R wins Indonesian tobacco account
- Y&R backs start ups, Fulford grows business
- Y&R hires Madon
- Gap gets together again
- Y&R names Southeast Asia lead
- Y&R's Chiqui Lara on 2012 growth plans
- Microsoft gets marketers to tell a story
- The Futurist: When everything will be digital
- GPY&R Sydney strengthens creative punch
- Fariz named ACD at M&C Saatchi
- Y&R tweaks senior client roles
- Jenny Craig signs on with Y&R Brands
- Y&R Jakarta appoints new CEO
- CCA’s Gong Show unveils ad stars