In BRIEF : ESPN, Maybank, Wacom and IAA
ESPN brings ‘It's Your Stage'
ESPN has launched a contest, ‘It's your stage', running from 26 March to 26 May, to promote its newly launched localised website espnstar.my. As a part of the contest, Malaysians have to submit a 300-word piece on any sporting event in Bahasa Malaysia. The grand prize winner of the contest stands a chance to win a 2-day 1-night trip to Singapore to experience how ESPN programmes are put together.
Maybank partners with LiteFm
Maybank has partnered with LiteFM for its Smart Money segment to be aired during the station's Famous for the 80s programme. The segment, which will be promoted on air and online on LiteFM's website and Facebook page, will feature advice on spending money and information on finance and investment. According to the bank, the tie-up with the station was a strategic one as the station's target listeners are around the age of 35, the same demographic the bank is targeting for various products.
Wacom gets personal
Wacom has engaged four ‘brand evangelist' to promote its latest Intuos5. The four artists will be going on roadshows, explaining to users the latest features of the Intuos5, which now include a multi-touch interface. Wacom has partnerships with several local universities such as Lim Kok Weng University of Creative Technology, SEGi University College and more to conduct workshops introducing students to its product range.
IAA selects new exco
The Malaysian arm of the International Advertising Association's (IAA) has appointed a new executive committee for 2012 with a mix of old and new members coming onboard. Harmandar Singh of Sledgehammer Communications retained his post as president, along with T Renganathan, CEO of Draftfcb, as honorary secretary, and Peter de Kretser, COO of GO Communications, who remains as chairman of public relations. Some of the newly elected members include John D Chacko, chief marketing officer or Proton Holdings, as vice president, Dr Marceline Lemarie, group CEO of Katchi Group, as treasurer and more.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com.
- AMP Radio Networks
Maybank Related Stories:
- Maybank gets technical [GALLERY]
- Maybank picks Zenith as regional media AOR
- Maybank first on Windows Phone 8
- Maybank unveils new website
- Final week for MEA entries
- Transforming the Malaysian tiger
- Maybank offers One Solution
- Maybank reviews media biz
- Maybanks eyes growth in credit market
- Banks, telcos make up top MMVB winners
- Maybank targets the elite
- Maybank's Photography Awards well-received
- Maybank showcases products on History
- TMR ups print run with sponsors
- Maybank signs sponsors deal with GP
- Maybank and LUCT launch prepaid card
- Maybank and Redberry strike partnership
- Maybank signs up for golf
- Maybank cooks up TV sponsor deal
- Chong hopes for more integrated campaigns