BeTV gets more social and local
Gregory Ho (pictured), vice president of communications & marketing at Sony Pictures Television Networks Asia, said AXN Beyond found success in building its audience with content focusing on science fiction, paranormal and horror genres.
"These were popular genres, yes, however we wanted to see how we could make the channel bigger and reach out to more people," Ho added.He said the network had conducted research and based on audience feedback that they wanted more lighter entertainment they saw an opportunity to broaden its reach and have wider appeal.
The rebranded channel will have a broader target audience appealing to those 18 years and above.
It would also begin its efforts in relating to the local audience with the networks in talks to signing up 3 to 4 local popular local comedians to collaborate on the new channel.
Apart from that the network has hired 4 Malaysian and 4 International talents who will appear in slots promoting the new channel concept, the slots will also air on the network's sister channels like AXN, Sony Entertainment Television, Animax and One.
Programs he added will be provided with subtitle however in terms of programs being dubbed in the local language, as they have done with their Korean HD channel One, they have no plans of doing that yet.
In its efforts to build beTV's community Ho added that they will be investing more on digital, with a strong emphasis on social media.
Throughout the day the channel will be posting viewers comments and jokes which they are encouraged to share on its official Facebook and Twitter page.
Ho added that the network is always mindful of the sensitive nature of the country an will make sure that every comment and joke are monitored before being posted on air.
In Malaysia beTV will air on Astro Channel 720, and feature new programs such as Rob, I Get That A Lot and Everybody Loves Raymond.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sony Corporation
Sony Corporation Related Stories:
- Sony Xperia fights back with technology
- Sony goes big with Xperia
- Sony calls PR pitch
- Nando’s gets into the festive mode
- Alcatel-Lucent, Sony announce job cuts
- PlayStation gets new marketing lead
- BA welcomes royal couple in local style
- How PlayStation took YouTube by storm
- Sony CEO gets pay cut with promotion
- Sony uses 3D OOH displays
- Sony uses graffiti to engage school kids
- AOTY Jury Spotlight: James Hong
- Losses lead to layoffs at Sony
- Sony to dismiss 10,000 employees globally
- Marketing TV: Sony's plans post Ericsson
- Sony launches new smartphone series
- Brand Health Check: It's game on for Sony
- Sony Pictures takes UM to the movies
- Sony to groom business leaders in Singapore
- Sony names Hong to a regional role