AOTY Jury Spotlight: Virginia Ng
Singapore - Marketing welcomes Virginia Ng, marketing director for Kentucky Fried Chicken Management to its Agency of the Year Awards 2012 jury.
Ng has been in the marketing industry for the past 18 years. Seven of those years were spent with Mars Inc where Ng was chosen amongst close to 800 applicants to be posted to Australia for her first job and then later back to Asia to hold a variety of portfolios both in the market and regional roles.
This kick started Ng's love affair with marketing and also shaped her thought process and management style which was to position her in good stead for future leadership roles.
After Mars, Ng had a 2 year stint in Mediacorp heading the programming and promotions for the leading Channel, Channel 8 and launched high profile programmes such as Who wants to be a Millionaire, Star Awards etc.
In 2002, Ng started as Marketing Manager at KFC Singapore and moved up the ranks to head up the department as senior marketing manager in 2005 and finally to marketing director in 2008 till date. Under Ng's purview, sales have more than doubled and profits increased by 8 fold compared to 2002.
This is the result of a sound strategic direction which Ng developed with her team and then articulated to the wider cross functional, agency and franchisor team to garner buy in and focused efforts.
For a complete list of Agency of the Year judges, click here.
Impress Ng and our other judges by entering the MARKies. The deadline has been extended to 30 March.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com.
KFC Related Stories:
- KFC Philippines fights hunger with WFP
- Spotify launches in Malaysia
- NBA extends marketing deal with KFC
- KFC cuts suppliers in China
- Bizarre HR: KFC worker fired for licking potatoes
- KFC celebrates 1 million Facebook fans
- KFC Australia ropes in rockstars
- BCA on agency hunt, Audi promotes new cars
- KFC Australia appoints Edelman
- KFC draws flak for APP supplies
- Out to Lunch: Why KFC took kids off the menu
- In BRIEF: Celestial Tiger, KFC, Ogilvy
- Nandos takes a punch at KFC
- KFC: Out of the pan, into the fire
- KFC launches first group buying deal in HK
- KFC gets real about its food
- KFC and Pizza Hut pick UM for media
- NEWS IN BRIEF: 29 September 2011
- Maybank, KFC, FedEx recognised as CSR champions
- KFC and Holiday Inn honoured for showing heart