Yahoo! inks deal with PC.com
Malaysia - Yahoo! has entered into a content partnership agreement with local technology publication PC.com to boost content offering for its site.
The agreement will see PC.com contribute to both local and international coverage of technology news for the Yahoo! News Malaysia site.
The provided content would include sections such as Wire, which highlights consumer-focused tech news, Tested, featuring technology reviews, Pixels covering tips and tricks on photography and Gametime that highlights game reviews.
Managing editor of PC.com, Selva Rajan said with Yahoo!'s reach of 72% of the total Internet population in Malaysia, based on comScore's Media Metrix for December 2011, the partnership would help boost PC.com's print publication as well as web portal's reach.
"For Yahoo! News, this partnership with PC.com will increase the company's global portfolio of premier digital media content. While for PC.com, we are extending our reach beyond our current print publication and digital initiatives." Rajan added.
Marc Lourdes, country editor of Yahoo! Malaysia commented: "Our collaboration with a trusted local partner like PC.com is an effort towards providing the Malaysian audience with the latest in tech news and broadening the wide variety of content on Yahoo!."
The latest technology news from PC.com will appear on a tab on the Yahoo! News Malaysia site and will be linked back to the PC.com website.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com.
Yahoo! Related Stories:
- Yahoo Japan fights for 2020 Games
- Yahoo to provide exclusive One FC content
- Yahoo looks to monetise mobile inventory
- A campaign for a positive outlook on dying?
- Yahoo buys Summly... only to close it down
- Bizarre HR: Yahoo’s HR boss commutes 10,000km to avoid working from home
- Yahoo Hong Kong snaps up VP and GM
- Off the Record: Is Marissa Mayer onto something?
- Yahoo! Philippines welcomes Google
- Yahoo pushes for interactive travel content
- Yahoo drives off with Motor Trader
- Yahoo goes guerilla for CNY
- Yahoo checks in on online trends
- Yahoo recognises online creativity
- Entertainment searches take up the top spot
- Yahoo brings new tech portal to life
- Bizarre HR: The strange habits of CEOs
- Chow Sang Sang debuts first micro-movie
- Yahoo farewells Alfred Tsoi
- Malaysian Lian stars in Yahoo's Cybergeddon