Barclays bares its sole for charity
Singapore - Barclays Singapore is increasing marketing efforts to promote a barefoot charity walk after signing on as title sponsor for the third year.
Habitat-Barclays Bare Your Sole, a barefoot walk designed to raise funds and awareness for projects carried out by Habitat for Humanity in Singapore, saw 4,000 participants in 2011 and is aiming for 5,000 this year.
Quek Suan Kiat, country manager for Barclays in Singapore, told Marketing Events that the team is using targeted Singpost maildrops, Facebook ads, and bus ads to create awareness for the event.
First starting out as a partnership with Habitat in 2009 to contribute ideas and expertise, the bank saw it as an opportunity to expand its involvement with the broader non-financial community.
"Alongside the fundraising and increased awareness for Habitat for Humanity that this event brings, there are also benefits to the Barclays brand in the sense that it demonstrates to the public the bank's commitment to supporting charitable causes and extending this out across the city," Quek said.
Other partners for this event happening 2 June include PWC, Crown, Starbucks, BBDO, Cathay Pacific, Island Shangri-La Group, and CIMA.
This is part of Marketing Events' weekly news bulletin. To subscribe to ME's bi-monthly print magazine and online newsletters, please go to www.marketing-interactive.com/subscribe
To read ME's latest print issue in PDF click here.
- Barclays Capital
Barclays Capital Related Stories:
- Singapore’s rich remain positive
- SG unemployment at 14-year low
- HK office rents most expensive globally
- M-commerce to surge by 55% in five years
- Singapore spared from HSBC’s job cuts
- Slow job creation halts local employment
- The Office Snitch: Which iPad apps work best for HR?
- Barclay culls bonuses despite soaring profits
- Barclays Capital shed staff
- Barclays kicks off Asia Trophy with ad campaign
- Hot Topic - Will e-learning intensify or is the hype over?