The Star kickstarts MetroBiz
Malaysia - The Star Publication has included a new section called MetroBiz, to its daily paper, starting today.
MetroBiz focuses on business news and will be a part of the The Star's existing Metro section and aims at featuring small and medium-scale enterprises.
The new section's target advertisers would include SMEs, upstart entrepreneurs and more.
Speaking more on the paper's newly launched section, Wong Chun Wai, group chief editor of The Star said :"We hope this becomes a platform for them to encourage other young Malaysians to take that bold step to start a business and create employment and not just be another graduate lining up for a job interview.
MetroBiz wants them to tell us their ups and downs in starting a small business, so that all of us can learn. If there is a message that they need to shout out to make their businesses easier, here's their chance."
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Star
The Star Related Stories:
- The Star ventures into online shopping
- Relaunched myStarjob.com well-received
- Which newspaper made it to the top?
- Star Publications introduces "visume"
- Star Publications buys CNM Events
- ABC plans to audit e-newspapers
- HSBC, The Star leverage Shrek brand
- The Star goes digital with ePaper
- The Star posts growth in 2011
- Red FM says 'Sorry Uncle'
- AirAsia inks content deal with The Star
- Flavours magazine ups print frequency
- Star acquires free Chinese weekly
- Capital FM gears towards women
- Malaysia calls for more women in boardrooms
- The Star buys Capital FM
- Mongoose readies for Esquire debut
- There's room for more on Star's iPad app
- More women in the workforce, please
- Star Online trials iPad version