Aegis posts solid Asia revenues
Regional - Aegis Media recorded a revenue jump of more than 87% across its Asia business in 2011, driven by strong wins from Wyeth, Woolworths, Panasonic and Clarins.
In its preliminary 2011 results, Aegis said APAC revenue increased 87.4% to £220.6 million and delivered organic revenue growth of 17.7%.
China was again the outstanding performer in the region. Australia, its other major business hub in APAC, performed well and the group completed the integration of the Mitchell acquisition.
Globally, Jerry Buhlmann (pictured), chief executive officer of Aegis Group, said he was optimistic about the outlook for the advertising sector in 2012, supported by key sporting events and the US presidential elections.
He said the successful sale of Synovate represented the largest structural change in its history and gave the group increased flexibility to move ahead with its acquisition strategy and investments.
"We completed 18 acquisitions and investments in 2011, and they have improved our core capabilities and positioning in a number of key geographies. This is in line with our strategy to increase revenue contribution from digital, faster-growing regions and North America."
Carat, the company’s media businesses delivered a record new business performance across the region and its digital arm Isobar also won a number of significant new client assignments, including Kellogg‟s digital creative business.
Across its global network it spent around £75 million on acquisitions, which in this region included The Upper Story and in March the group entered into an agreement to acquire Beijing eLink Advertising Co, a digital agency in China.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Aegis Media
Aegis Media Related Stories:
- Burberry taps Aegis to drive global media
- Aegis takes ownership of WonderAd China
- Dentsu launches Dentsu Aegis Network
- iProspect bolsters APAC team
- Vizeum bags RMB500 million media account
- Roy Tan now MD of IF Isobar
- Aegis Media appoints chief innovation officer
- Aegis promotes Crook to digital lead
- Aegis Media launches social media unit
- Aegis Media names print general manager
- iProspect names China MD
- Aegis Media ups local presence
- Dentsu bags tourism media duties
- Columbus appoints Tos as national MD
- Aegis' hiring spree continues
- Aegis boosts OOH agency leadership
- Aegis to acquire Chinese digital shop
- Dentsu-Aegis: Deal of the decade?
- Aegis hires, TransAsia engages Facebook fans
- iProspect launches paid search audit offering