Samsung brings LMFAO to Malaysia
Malaysia - As a part of its latest branding activity, Samsung will be bringing popular band LMFAO to Malaysia.
While the brand did not disclose the sponsorship amount, Lee Jui Siang, director of mobile phone and digital imaging business units, told A+M : "Sponsoring LMFAO LIVE IN MALAYSIA 2012 is an investment by Samsung to provide a dynamic, exciting platform with which we can continue to build our relationship with our customers"
Speaking more on the target audience, Lee said the majority of LMFAO's fans, who are under 25 years of age, are the same target group of the Samsung GALAXY Y, which aims to reach out to young people with a passion for music.
Samsung will run an intergrated marketing campaign that spans from print, radio ads, on ground events to a very strong digital campaign .
"Part of the digital campaign is an online video contest. We hope to have some really entertaining videos submitted. Samsung is inviting members of the public to send in videos of them imitating the whacky LMFAO duo, but with a Malaysian-style twist. The three best videos will win the chance to meet LMFAO and be a part of their entourage whilst they are in KL," added Lee.
Samsung also intends to increase its brand presence before and during the concert to create buzz online to engage Malaysian youth and drive traffic to its website using Facebook, YouTube and twitter.
"In all communications, the Samsung brand is very prominent. In addition, our identity will be very visible at all on-ground events including at the concer," Lee added.
The LMFAO LIVE IN MALAYSIA 2012 will take place on 29 March at Sunway Lagoon.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Samsung Electronics
Samsung Electronics Related Stories:
- Samsung gives back with a bang
- China’s standards get stricter
- Samsung embarks on Galaxy Wonderland
- Samsung’s deals, Oil market distress
- Samsung uses discounts to lure customers
- What now for Samsung?
- Semiconductor profit hits US$307b
- Samsung to build Chinese chip facility
- Vivian Lai fronts Samsung's branding efforts
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Nexus
- Samsung Mobile Challenge kicks off
- Samsung bends it with Beckham
- Samsung's comedy cab for Tab
- Samsung joins TVB in 3D broadcasting
- SPRG picks up Samsung PR business
- Samsung hits the road for mobile brand show
- Samsung supports Asian Youth Games
- Samsung campaign touches on Star quality
- Bigger thinking from Microsoft's messenger
- Infineon and Samsung in the red