HSBC launches smash and grab Sevens ad
Hong Kong - HSBC seems to have trumped its Hong Kong Sevens co-title sponsor on the advertising front, with the bank rolling out an explosive commercial to promote its support of the game.
Andrea Newman, group head of advertising and marketing at HSBC, told Marketing the campaign highlights HSBC's rugby sponsorship and underlines its commitment to Hong Kong.
The campaign will be broadcasted during the tournament at the Hong Kong stadium is supported by print ads, OOH ads such as trams, online and Facebook to get people excited for the games.
It comes after HSBC signed a four-year sponsorship deal With Cathay Pacific as the co-sponsor the Hong Kong Rugby Sevens tournament.This year Cathay Pacific opted not create fresh advertising for the 2012 Hong Kong Sevens, opting instead to re-run its work from 2011.
Working with JWT London, the HSBC campaign titled "Serious Play" taps into the trend of dressing up for the tournament.
The TVC focuses on themed teams scrumming across Hong Kong in the lead up to the weekend to build excitement for the sport with some satisfying tackles.
The online TVC includes cameo appearances of former England and British Lions player Jason Robinson and past Australia captain George Gregan.
The minute and a half commercial was shot around the streets of Hong Kong and features players from local Hong Kong rugby clubs.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
JWT Related Stories:
- GSK’s Physiogel scoops up JWT
- Kok heads to New York [GALLERY]
- Fragrance firm helps Alzheimer's patients
- Bill Chan heads back to JWT
- Nestle Thailand taps JWT for digital duties
- Samsonite hands JWT regional duties
- JWT sets sight on Myanmar
- JWT taps Pernod Ricard’s Cecila Yim
- Ford ads reignite digital crisis debate
- JWT Singapore promotes Cheng
- JWT nabs TBWA talent
- JWT replaces regional planning lead
- XM Asia Pacific snaps up Thai agency
- JWT scoops up Nissin’s noodle business
- Update: HSBC splits global ad duties
- Hu steps in as GM for JWT Shanghai
- JWT wins all three Indosat brands
- TBWA nabs JWT's creative lead
- SpiceJet flies high with JWT
- JWT reveals local top trends for 2013