Honda Jazzes-up Hybrid family
Malaysia - Honda Malaysia revealed its latest addition to its family of hybrid cars in Malaysia, the all-new Jazz Hybrid.
Together with the launch of the Honda Jazz, the new CR-Z and Insight with minor upgrades were also showcased. Honda's Hybrid family in Malaysia consists of the new Jazz, Insight, CR-Z and Civic.
In line with the launch, Honda will also be rolling out a series of advertising initiatives featuring the Jazz, Insight and CR-Z, kicking off next week.
TVCs will be shown on Media Prima and Astro channels while radio commercials and print ads will also be seen featuring Honda's hybrid family of cars.
Akkbar Danial, senior sales and marketing manager at Honda Malaysia, told A+M, "The understanding towards hybrid cars in Malaysia is relatively low, thus we need to maximise awareness by communicating to the core target on Honda's offering to further promote it and make people understand its environmental importance".
Agencies on the campaign are Starcom for media, Dentsu for creative and IfIsobar for digital.
Targeted at independent young professionals, Yoichiro Ueno, managing director and chief executive officer of Honda Malaysia said, "The all-new Honda Jazz Hybrid was developed with the concept of ‘Enhancing the fundamental qualities of the vehicle'. With its unique driving characteristics and practical features, the All-New Jazz Hybrid is targeted at eco-conscious individuals who are interested in a compact hybrid that caters to their fun driving and active lifestyle."
Ueno also expressed his appreciation to the Malaysian government for continuing the full exemption of import duty and excise duty for hybrid models until December 2013.
"Elsewhere in the world, hybrid models are generally more expensive than petrol cars. Only in Malaysia are the hybrid models cheaper, thanks to the government's efforts", added Ueno.
The new Jazz Hybrid costs RM94,800 on the road.
Targeted sales for the year are at 10,000 units for a combined total for all three models.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com.
Honda Related Stories:
- Grey Group creams PT Astra Honda Motor
- Honda turns to the airwaves
- Honda Cars initiates pitch
- Market dispute hurts manufacturers
- Honda drives with DIVA this Raya
- Dream come true for Dentsu Marcom
- China rallies global car makers
- Honda to hire 3000 workers with upcoming motorcycle plant in Indonesia
- Honda targets a bigger share of Indonesia
- Honda recalls nearly 1 million cars
- Nissan CEO highest paid in Japan
- Toyota revs up hires by 4,000
- Honda to boost bike production in India
- Honda broadens green horizons
- Honda banks on African grass for fuel
- Honda picks Omnicom for Mega Pro range
- Honda bikes up in Thailand & India
- Honda stops dumping
- The Malay Mail resurrects charity fund
- Honda recalls Accord & Civic