Economist Group buys comms agency TVC
UK - The Economist Group, publisher of The Economist, has acquired London-based marketing communications agency TVC Group.
TVC, which specialises in content-driven approach to public relations and creative services, will continue to provide a stand-alone offer to existing clients from major brands in the consumer, government and luxury sectors.
The sum of the full acquisition was not disclosed.
The Economist Group will now offer brands and agencies a new set of ‘beyond the page' choices in addition to its existing product portfolio.
This acquisition is in response to demand from clients for integrated marketing solutions to engage consumers, providing further routes-to-market through content activation programmes and creative brand communications.
"In a rapidly-changing media landscape, one consistent factor is our clients' desire to communicate across a range of platforms and reach audiences in innovative ways. With TVC on board we will further advance the conversation with our partners and build relationships that reflect diverse and evolving requirements," Nigel Ludlow (pictured), managing director at The Economist Group UK, said.
Nicky Minter-Green, managing director of TVC Group, agreed, adding that both companies share an ambition to expand their horizons in marketing communications.
"Joining The Economist Group will provide exciting opportunities for our staff and offer our clients the benefits of connecting with a truly global network and intellectual powerhouse," Nicky Minter-Green (pictured), managing director of TVC Group, said.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Economist
The Economist Related Stories:
- The Economist: Less is more on mobile
- The Economist hauls in record profits
- Economist ups China offerings with new MD
- The Economist shows off a million fans
- The Economist appoints Aidem for ad sales
- The Economist adds Glick to sales team
- The Economists sees investments pay off
- Economist hires Albert from BBC
- Publishers laud online subscription sales
- The Economist to build in-house ad team
- The Economist hires Edelman for PR push
- The Economist expands into mobile platforms
- The Economist unveils global ad platform
- Marketing TV: Localising The Economist
- The Economist hires for local ad editions
- Content reigns king in Economist digital push
- The Economist exceeds 140k in circulation
- Clemenger BBDO bags The Economist
- The Economist debuts Asia newsletter
- Economist bolsters sales team