Firebrand to transform commercials to content
To measure ROI, advertisers will get a diagnostic tool which integrates industry standard television and online response data allowing them to get TV viewing alongside online clicks for specific spots and offers.
John A. Lack, CEO and co-founder said, "Firebrand enters the media landscape as the era of the commercial interruption is coming to an end. We curate the best TV commercials and promotions from around the world - connecting consumers directly with their favorite brands in an integrated environment. Our multi-tasking audience can find us on every platform. It's an environment where they can watch, win, shop and share."
It allows personalisation and consumers can create playlists and share their favorite spots. ‘Commercial Jockeys' or CJs will aim to brand commercials as art and guide viewers through the spots, contests and promotions. It would be targeting mainly at the "Gen Y/Millennials", according to Firebrand, who are the people that consume pop culture, share commercial content, have purchasing power of more than US$200 billion (S$300.36 billion) a year and account for 40% of internet shopping.
Launching on 22 October on the ION Television Network to 94 million households, global audiences will be able to access the content through the web on hand-held mobile devices through iTunes, and in the works, MSN.
- General Electric
General Electric Related Stories:
- Gen Ys know what they want
- General Electric shows innovation with the old
- GE lends support to MenCare
- GE & Nissan team up for electric cars
- VivaKi China seeks new online ad formats
- GE brands with the words of children
- GE Aviation makes India investment
- Wider net: Nov 09
- Airbus sued over Air France crash
- Hot topic: Apr 09
- Don't get sidelined
- Professional of the Year 2007: Learning & Development
- New standards light the way
- China climbs global brands ladder
- The business of giving
- Management reshuffle at SPE-Networks
- Olympic spend gives rise to new media