MDA probes the Public again on media market conduct code
Singapore - The Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA) will conduct a second public consultation on proposed changes to the Media Market Conduct Code in a bid to promote fair market conduct and effective competition.
Six written comments were received earlier this year from SPH, Singtel, STAR Group, Starhub and Wong Partnership, addressing macro issues like policy principles and approaches towards dominance and market definitions, enforcement practices and powers, as well as micro issues such as price regulation, prohibition of anti competitive leveraging, mandatory bundling and administrative review of decisions.
"The revised code is aimed at fostering a pro-competitive climate while continuing to encourage the industry players to act responsibly. MDA has made further refinements to the Code after considering respondents' comments to provide clarity and transparency," Ling Pek Ling, Director of Media Policy said.
The dateline for comments on the revised code end 23 October, 5pm. MDA aims to complete the review before the end of 2007.
- Singapore Press Holdings Ltd
- Media Development Authority Singapore
- Mediacorp Pte Ltd
- STAR Group Ltd
- Wong Partnership
- Singapore Telecommunications
- StarHub Cable Vision
Singapore Press Holdings Ltd Related Stories:
- SPH takes over local car portal
- HotFM in hot water after prank backfires
- Spring Singapore and BCA on PR hunt
- NHB on digital agency hunt, Iris hires
- Huggies and UOB get camera savvy
- My Paper revamps, Ate bags restaurant account
- SPH picks Heat, Diageo partners History
- NTUC Income campaign wins at iink Awards
- The Edge eyes India, Toshiba uses memes
- Volkswagen and The Straits Times give back
- The Straits Times revamps
- Lianhe Zaobao set for a makeover
- SPH gives gold this Lunar New Year
- A new radio station launches in the Lion City
- Yahoo hits back in SPH copyright lawsuit
- The Straits Times makes editorial changes
- SPH, Yahoo in legal battle over news copyright
- The New Paper makes over Sunday edition
- Mindshare, DDB lead at SPH Ink Awards
- PANPA names SPH's Geoff Tan top marketer