Proton creates hype on new P3-21A
Malaysia - National car maker Proton will give the general public a sneak preview of its soon-to-be-launched P3-21A sedan during its Power of 1 roadshow.
Speaking to A+M, John Chacko (pictured), director of group, marketing, branding and motorsports for Proton said that during the five-day event, the car will be kept in a black box where the public can view parts of the car through a peephole.
"This teaser promotional campaign focuses strongly on digital. Different QR codes will be placed at the event that will allow users to view videos of the car being developed in stages. With the videos being available online, hopefully the conversation will be continued there as well," he added.
Each day will feature a different part of the car being made. However, the new sedan will only be fully unveiled during the official launch, slated for end March. Chacko added that the new P3-21A was developed for the global market, targeting the family segment and also the young executive.
Proton's ‘Power of 1' event kicks off today and will run until 18 March at Stadium Bukit Jalil. Apart from showing the teaser of its latest car, the event will feature the brand's cutting-edge technology displays, a showcase of the Lotus F1 car and contests with over 7,00 prizes to be won, including a Proton cars.
Proton recently collaborated with YES to offer Malaysia's first 4G internet car. Through the collaboration, future proton models, beginning with the P3-21A, will feature built-in micro wireless network giving users high-speed internet access.
When asked whether there were possibilities for brands to advertise on the new 4G service, Chacko said there were no talks for this option yet but Proton will explore this option should the opportunity arises.
In line with the launch of the P3-21A, there will be an integrated campaign involving TVC, print ads, outdoor and online advertising.
While there's yet to be an official announcement of the launch, a clip showcasing the new car's silhouette and parts of the car was aired on TV3 Buletin Utama a few days ago.
The video was picked up by blogger Paul Tan and has since been widely discussed by the online community.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com.
Proton Related Stories:
- Malaysian Effies gain traction
- BFM Weekly Highlight: 16 March
- Proton takes sharper digital focus
- Proton defeats disability in its latest ad
- Proton adds 'X' factor to Saga FL
- Tribal DDB nabs OgilvyOne’s Tan
- Proton promotes Saga FL variant
- Das re-emerges at Berjaya Corporation
- Proton unveils new persona
- Some Malaysian CEOs get lesser pay
- Mansur lands with MAS
- Proton and Erickson part ways
- Max Generation expands
- Effie gold for LB, DraftFCB and Optimedia
- The Kancil's after thought
- Exora surges past 4,000 mark
- Jan ad spend manages positive growth
- McCanns drive Exora hype ahead of unveil
- Incentive driven marketing not the way forward for car brands
- UM fuels integration with senior hires