LinkedIn Philippines crosses the million mark
Philippines - LinkedIn's managing director Clifford Rosenberg (pictured) who handles the Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia believes it is LinkedIn's diversified business model of premium subscriptions, marketing solutions and hiring solutions that uniquely positions the social media player in the market.
In an interview to Marketing Rosenberg, said LinkedIn is bullish and excited about the opportunity to serve the professional community in the Philippines.
"Our focus will be to drive engagement and awareness in these markets. We've got a lot to learn about the Philippines from our members. We want to better understand our users locally and build products for them that they will use and love."
Recently LinkedIn announced of its online professional community crossing the one million members mark in the Philippines with Filipino professionals chalking up almost 25% of the LinkedIn's members in Southeast Asia.
LinkedIn, professional network boasts a 150 million members worldwide and over 25 million members in Asia Pacific.
Rosenberg said LinkedIn can help Filipino companies create economic opportunity for professionals as the market is becoming increasingly technology savvy.
Citing local examples, Rosenberg said companies such as Advantek, a technology industry, producing semiconductors, has used LinkedIn's hiring solutions to actively source out, engage and recruit candidates.
Music Group is another brand in the technology industry which produced audio equipments, has leveraged LinkedIn's marketing solutions to deliver high impact messages to targeted professional audiences.
"There are an estimated 6-7 million Filipino professionals by conservative estimate, but we do also know that there's an "expanded universe" of Filipino professionals out there who are not included in this number and we are eager to have them be a part of the LinkedIn network too."
Alongwith being extremely technologically inclined, other uniquely Filipino features include high levels of entrepreneurship in the market with nearly 62,723 members labeling themselves as ‘entrepreneur' in their titles.
The top three industries on LinkedIn in the Philippines currently remain Information Technology and Services, Education Management, Accounting.
Following Indonesia just a few weeks ago, the Philippines is now the latest addition in the Southeast Asian region to have reached the one million member milestone.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com.
LinkedIn Related Stories:
- LinkedIn’s new privacy rules bar prostitution
- Bizarre HR: Prostitutes banned on LinkedIn (PHOTO)
- Locals proud of home-grown companies
- EDB appoints PR agency
- Rain or shine, the clothes make the man
- LinkedIn’s publishing ambitions take shape
- Redefining passive recruitment
- LinkedIn pushes Marketing Solutions business
- Networking more important than getting a raise
- LinkedIn gets new comms lead
- LinkedIn names new APAC lead
- Are you “creative”? So is everyone else.
- LinkedIn sees upward trend in adoption
- Feel Good Friday: Childhood dream jobs revealed
- The world’s most attractive employer brands
- Bizarre HR: Forget computers, I want a clone
- How LinkedIn lured students
- LinkedIn seeks to localise ad offering
- Increasing mobile users on LinkedIn
- HR Top Hits: What you shouldn’t miss this week