Taobao pushes app for 'm-commerce' growth
Beijing - Taobao, which reported 555% increase in online sales last year, is pushing its mobile commerce application in anticipation of similar growth levels.
Last year Taobao facilitated nearly RMB 12 billion in online transactions, seeing explosive growth of 555% year-on-year.
Targeting the growing number of smartphone users such as white collar workers and students in tier one and two cities to encourage its users to use the app.
Working with Ogilvy Advertising/Beijing, the campaign titled "Taobao never leaves the palm of your hand" introduces a series of web videos to showcase how mobile devices can serve as an alternative to their PC and help them take control of their busy schedules.
The campaign will makes appearances in popular video sharing sites such as Youku and TVs in office buildings to build app awareness from now through April 2012.
"Taobao's mobile app is becoming a key portal for ecommerce, and in 2012 we expect an increase in revenue of more than 50%," Qiu Changheng, VP of Taobao and general manager of its wireless business unit, said.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
- Ogilvy and Mather Beijing
Ogilvy and Mather Beijing Related Stories:
- Is stress to blame for Ogilvy employee's death?
- Ma rejoins O&M to head entertainment unit
- Wu takes MD role at O&M Advertising
- Eschenbacher returns to O&M for regional gig
- O&M cheers to Tsingtao win
- O&M nabs Chan to ECD China role
- Agencies look to tap online brand chatter
- CBRC warn against fraudulent schemes
- Ogilvy lands Changping modernity project
- DraftFCB Shanghai wins bronze Promo Lion
- Euro RSCG hires regional marketing manager
- New work January
- Motorola taps Tuzki in digital campaign
- Ogilvy Beijing strengthens strategic planning
- China Mobile’s GoTone ads bond father and son
- Marketing to China’s smaller cities shouldn’t be neglected