Yahoo set to lure women
Philippines - Digital media company Yahoo has announced the launch of 'Yahoo! She' - a one-stop online destination aiming to offer "Real Women; Real Answers".
Readers of 'Yahoo! She' can expect a combination of original and re-published content from well known lifestyle publications such as Cosmopolitan, Lovefood, Investopedia, Forbes and more.
It will also carry advertiser-sponsored contents and promos on topics ranging from beauty, skincare, healthy eating, exercise and diets, maintaining work-life balance and getting organised aiming to be a holistic online guide book for women.
The launch shadows the world wide celebration of International Women's Day and 'Yahoo! She' aims to "empower women while contributing towards building a nurturing environment for women across Indonesia, Vietnam and the Philippines," an official statement said.
'Yahoo! She' contains community originated content which readers have contributed or created and is based on what is viewed and consumed on the site. Readers can begin threads on topics that they deem important and similarly can comment on other posts.
The site is targeted at mainly 18-34 year olds and is a Southeast version of Yahoo! Shine, which is an online portal for women in the states, holding a readership of more than 38 million visitors per month.
Best user-written blog posts on the Yahoo! She sites will also be featured by Yahoo!'s editors on its Front Page.
Isaac Souweine, APAC head of product marketing for mobile, communications and communities, Yahoo! said: "Many of our Yahoo! users in Southeast Asia are already familiar with the women-centric content on 'Yahoo! Shine'."
"With the launch of 'Yahoo! She', these users will have access to more locally relevant content including tips, tools and practical advice to make their daily lives manageable and more productive."
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com.
Yahoo! Related Stories:
- Yahoo! shuffles top management in PH
- Mayer's message: Panic [GALLERY]
- Yahoo to acquire Tumblr for $1.1bn
- Yahoo Japan fights for 2020 Games
- Yahoo to provide exclusive One FC content
- Yahoo looks to monetise mobile inventory
- A campaign for a positive outlook on dying?
- Yahoo buys Summly... only to close it down
- Bizarre HR: Yahoo’s HR boss commutes 10,000km to avoid working from home
- Yahoo Hong Kong snaps up VP and GM
- Off the Record: Is Marissa Mayer onto something?
- Yahoo! Philippines welcomes Google
- Yahoo pushes for interactive travel content
- Yahoo drives off with Motor Trader
- Yahoo goes guerilla for CNY
- Yahoo checks in on online trends
- Yahoo recognises online creativity
- Entertainment searches take up the top spot
- Yahoo brings new tech portal to life
- Bizarre HR: The strange habits of CEOs