Tiger soaks up the sun
Malaysia - Tiger Beer's annual music festival (AMF) is back for the third year with brands such as MY FM, Mint, Cathay Pacific, Sunway Lagoon, Lansi, and Durex as partners.
To promote the event, Tiger will tour 26 locations nationwide with 30 recruited bands in a ‘Battle of the Bands' competition, which will see the winner being the opening act for the concert taking place on 14 April at Sunway Surf Beach.
The event is also being marketed online with fans asked to register at www.ilikeAMF.com and share the event on Facebook with a minimum of five friends, to win a free pass to the event.
Contests and promotions will also be on-going at pubs and bistros leading up to the event, allowing fans to win tickets and limited edition Tiger AMF sun shades every Monday.
Targeting the Chinese urban youth aged 18 to 24, campaign activity has also begun on print in The Star, Sin Chew Daily, Mint, and on radio with MYFM.
Agencies for the campaign are Grey for creative executions, Maxus for media and G2PR for public relations.
The ‘Street to Beach' themed event, will host acts by artists from Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia and Australia.
According to Sean Koh, marketing manager of Tiger Beer, this year will see seven acts, compared to last year's 25-act line up.
"Every year we try to give a very different experience to consumers. Last year was more about the gathering of the most Asian artists. What's different this year is its edgy, being more of a party than a concert," Koh told A+M.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tiger Related Stories:
- Tiger beer appoints social media agency
- OMG Malaysia publishes book plus more
- Tiger calls for togetherness in 2012
- Tiger celebrates Blue Christmas in Vietnam
- Tiger FC reaches out to football fans online
- Tiger lives it up in its latest campaign
- Tiger unveils 'Refreshingly Different' push
- Tiger plays on this Halloween
- Tiger partners F1 2011
- Tiger interacts more through mio TV
- GAB brand heroes in-waiting
- Tiger connects through CSR
- Tiger extends sponsorship for ESS
- Puma tees up for Her World Golf Challenge
- Online show offers new brand exposure
- Tiger Beer launches marketing push
- Grey makes room at the top