IPG acquires UK’s Frukt Communications
UK – Interpublic Group of Companies (IPG) has acquired London-based FRUKT Communications, a strategic and creative music and entertainment agency.
The agency will join Octagon Entertainment Group, IPG's sports and entertainment arm, to aid in Octagon's international growth in the sports and entertainment marketing arena.
The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Harris Diamond, CEO of IPG's constituency management group, said this acquisition further strengthens Octagon's industry leadership in the global entertainment marketing business, while also growing its global reach.
"Our clients will benefit from this expanded focus to connect and engage with the passions of sports and entertainment fans across multiple platforms," he said.
Rick Dudley (pictured), CEO of Octagon Worldwide, said the acquisition greatly adds to and strengthens Octagon's entertainment marketing services.
Frukt, while retaining its brand and culture, will be collaborating with existing Octagon Entertainment Group entities with immediate effect.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com.
- Interpublic Group
Interpublic Group Related Stories:
- IPG agencies join forces, Getty gets onto Twitter
- SABIC picks IPG as global partner
- Harris Diamond to succeed Nick Brien as McCann CEO
- Reprise Media expands nationally
- IPG rebrands OOH agency
- Chevy creates Commonwealth for creative biz
- No doom or gloom as WPP nets big profits
- IPG realigns Mediabrands, moves Freeman to McCann
- Lowe acquires 303 Advertising
- IPG realigns Mediabrands unit
- Zuji appoints Reprise Media Down Under
- China brands can compete on the global stage
- Lowe Beijing sets expansion plans
- 10% Q2 Revenue Spike for IPG
- APAC online advertising to hit US$12 billion
- IPG upgrades China ad forecasts to US$21bn
- Merck selects IPG team for media biz
- Unilever confirms media agency roster
- R/GA plots international outposts
- It's Official: IPG Combines Deutsch and Lowe