Damco sets 2012 APAC plans
Regional - Global logistics and freight forwarding company Damco is on the right track to becoming a major player in the global logistics industry.
Tony Hotine, CEO of Damco Asia Pacific, told ProcurementAsia emerging markets in Asia and Africa are key drivers of their business growth.
The company's Earning Before Interest and Tax (EBIT) showed a 29% improvement in 2011, rising from US$75 million in 2010 to US$97 million.
"In Asia Pacific, Damco has seen many exciting developments in 2011. We are taking on larger customers in target vertical and products," he said.
He added that the company is expecting further growth in business volumes this year.
"To prepare for this growth, Damco built up our warehouse capabilities in Vietnam and Cambodia last year, combining best-in-class design tools, processes, and systems to ensure cost-efficient distribution solutions to our customers," he said.
Part of Damco Asia Pacific's plans is to provide supply chain solutions in emerging markets through their extensive network and on the ground capabilities.
"We anticipate greater demand for end-to-end optimisation through the implementation of control towers in 2012, an area in which Damco has marketing-leading experience and capabilities," Hotine said.
He added that it provides a strong foundation for Damco to continue building market share growth, even in uncertain markets.
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Get your marketing department up to speed with Asia's most read marketing site
Damco Related Stories:
- New Samsung plant, Damco restructures
- Kerry’s LTL route, Damco appoints
- UPS extends TNT deal, Air cargo down
- Damco beefs up global leadership
- Damco launches SC solution
- Syngenta goes with Damco
- Damco MY appoints country manager
- Damco strengthens key leadership roles
- Damco appoints Thai & Malaysian head
- M&S makes a strategic logistics shift
- Damco sets sights on Indian freight biz
- Damco appoints global head of marketing
- Damco appoints global ocean freight head
- Damco appoints country manager for SG & M’sia
- Damco steps on trucking gas
- Maersk adds to Damco mix
- Damco pours US$4m into Vietnam
- Damco appoints chemical logistics head
- Damco appoints regional airfreight manager
- Damco links Indochina