Damco MY appoints country manager
Malaysia - Damco, global third-party logistics provider, has appointed Tanate Piriyothinkul as the country manager for its Malaysia office, with effect from 1 March.
The decision to bring in Piriyothinkul to Malaysia was to drive business growth in the country, reflecting the confidence and long-term commitment the company has towards the Malaysian market.
Piriyothinkul has had 15 years of experience in the AP Moller Maersk Group, including his previous role as general manager of contract logistics and business development at Damco's Thailand office.
Damco said Piriyothinkul will report to Kiattichai Pitpreecha, managing director for Malaysia and Thailand cluster.
With his new appointment, Piriyothinkul will be offering existing and new customers of Damco superior logistics and supply chain opportunities in Malaysia.
He will be responsible for the overall P&L of Damco's business in Malaysia, including hub operation in Tanjong Pelapas and ensure smooth delivery of products, Damco told ProcurementAsia. Piriyothinkul will be tasked to develop and execute business plans and strategies, developing strong and competitive product solution and driving business growth and other strategic development within the country.
Damco added that he will also be in charge of establishing strong organisation and people development strategy to help the company move forward.
"Tanate's diverse functional background and hands-on product experience in business, together with his strong commercial acumen, will be essential to accelerate the growth and development of our business in Malaysia," Pitpreecha said.
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Get your marketing department up to speed with Asia's most read marketing site
Damco Related Stories:
- New Samsung plant, Damco restructures
- Kerry’s LTL route, Damco appoints
- UPS extends TNT deal, Air cargo down
- Damco beefs up global leadership
- Damco launches SC solution
- Syngenta goes with Damco
- Damco sets 2012 APAC plans
- Damco strengthens key leadership roles
- Damco appoints Thai & Malaysian head
- M&S makes a strategic logistics shift
- Damco sets sights on Indian freight biz
- Damco appoints global head of marketing
- Damco appoints global ocean freight head
- Damco appoints country manager for SG & M’sia
- Damco steps on trucking gas
- Maersk adds to Damco mix
- Damco pours US$4m into Vietnam
- Damco appoints chemical logistics head
- Damco appoints regional airfreight manager
- Damco links Indochina