Cartoon Network makes theme park splash
Thailand – Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific has taken its Cartoon Network brand beyond the screen, announcing plans to open its first branded waterpark.
Scheduled to open in 2013, the waterpark titled Cartoon Network AMAZONE will infuse characters of its popular animated series such as Ben 10, The Powerpuff Girls and Johnny Bravo into waterpark attractions.
Sunny Saha, senior vice president and managing director of Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific, told Marketing that branded attractions are an area of great interest and it would look to explore more opportunities in Asia.
"While there are no confirmed plans for additional branded attractions at this moment, we hope to expand the branded experience in the future," Saha added.
Cartoon Network AMAZONE was developed in conjunction with Amazon Falls, an attractions and resorts developer in Thailand.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
- Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific Inc
Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific Inc Related Stories:
- Grubbs to leave Turner for key YouTube role
- Turner shutters Imagine TV
- Turner eyes growth in social gaming biz
- Turner rejigs APAC management
- Turner launches in-house agency hub
- Turner appoints Ouellette to regional role
- Cartoon Network tests AR app for kids
- truTV expands footprint across Asia
- Turner’s reality genre to launch in Asia
- Mei to lead MTV's growing China operation
- Turner expands cross-platform reach
- Arrivals and departures
- Carroll takes new role at Turner