Media must work hard to innovate
Philippines - Advertisers are experimenting with new formats and non-traditional ad execution but in next to no time, these executions will be considered dated.
In an interview with Marketing, Me An Bernardo (pictured), general manager of PHD Philipines, said product placement, branded content and media integration campaigns have become viable communication tools, but will soon be categorised as "traditional".
She said TV, despite the rise in digital, has already seen a spike in reality and lifestyle programming as people start to demand for more engaging shows.
"Top TV networks have had to include in their portfolio a roster of new programs including local adaptations of popular series and canned cable TV episodes," she added.
Bernardo said 2011 was the year the agency saw a swag of new business from brands including MSD, Carrier, James Hardie, Unitrade and Davis Paint on top of a client retention rate of 96%.
This year PHD said its focus is on innovation and elevating the role of media in marketing campaigns - particularly in the current climate of regulation and inflated media costs.
"Instead of letting this affect us, we approach it as a changing business environment that gives us the opportunity to strengthen our partnership with clients. We do this by recommending cost-efficient yet highly effective media strategies," she said.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
PHD Related Stories:
- Transitions Optical chooses PHD
- PHD hires second client services director
- PHD appoints Unilever strategy lead
- Kao settles creative and media pitches
- PHD unveils Source, Smoothie King picks Rice
- PHD butters up Goodman Fielder's brands
- Gruy to lead PHD Singapore
- PHD China names strategy lead
- PHD China promotes senior talents
- Fujifilm picks PHD Philippines as media AOR
- Little change as Unilever settles media pitch
- PHD names Vietnam lead
- PHD munches on California almonds
- Dentsu bags tourism media duties
- A.S. Watson settles regional media duties
- Vita Water crafts Hong Kong love story
- Coad to lead PHD Group Australia
- PHD continues regional expansion
- PHD shacks up in Melbourne
- PHD bags Bentley's global account