Wego eyes global growth
Global - Wego has expanded its global presence with 34 new sites in 20 different languages and is in the midst of finalising an agency for its upcoming campaign.
The ad campaign will primarily run in Southeast Asia with digital execution to target the other markets globally.
"Wego is currently talking to a number of major advertising agencies about media plans and campaigns that we will be running for throughout 2012, on top of our current performance based campaigns," Dean Wicks (pictured), chief marketing officer of Wego told Marketing.
The 34 new sites boasts features such as advanced hotels popular search, datewise fare finder, flight schedules and and popular destinations.
These 34 sites, targeting almost all developed or emerging travel markets worldwide, also included the Wego Singapore site, customised for the local market. The site is currently available in English, Bahasa Malay and simple Chinese with a Tamil version underway.
In order to ensure maximum reach, Wego has inked deals with online players such as Yahoo!, ViaSingapore.com, YourSingapore, MSN and Detik and most recently ninemsn in Australia to integrate its travel search functionality into their own travel sites.
"Much of our success can be attributed to our pick of Singapore, due to the country's exceptional talent pool, relatively friction-free regulatory system, central location and the excellent business environment we share with a large number of internet and travel companies," CEO of Wego Ross Veitch said.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com.
Wego Related Stories:
- Wego expands to the Middle East
- Wego gets Filipinos searching
- Travel portal Wego launches local site
- Yahoo! extends travel channels with Wego
- Singapore agencies launch SoutheastAsia.org
- Wego moves into car rentals
- Wego promotes Hot Deals
- Singaporeans still hitting the skies despite the downturn
- Wego powers more News.com.au holidays
- Wego with eBay
- Wego launches affiliate programme
- CAAS dons new online look
- Wego’s spotlight on hotels
- Wego shopping together
- Preferred Hotels Group goes to Wego
- Wego beefs up partnership
- Wego initiates regional marketing offensive