MasterCard widens reach with sponsorship
Regional - MasterCard's sponsorship strategy to leverage leading properties and events internationally is paying dividends as it allows the company to expand its current customer base.
In an interview with Marketing Events, VP for regional marketing for APMEA Stuart Cameron says sponsorships are a critical component of an overall integrated marketing mix for Mastercard Worldwide.
By associating with leading venues, MasterCard is able to offer its customers unique experiences and in turn build brand preference, drive acquisition, and increase card usage.
"With this relationship, we also have the capacity to reach new audiences and raise awareness about our commitment to customers and cardholders."
Signing on as the official sponsor of the Singapore Indoor Stadium (SIS), MasterCard has secured a benefits package inclusive of core components comprising branding, tickets and hospitality, and acceptance and preference.
The company is now equipped with prominent brand exposure through perimeter signage and on-site branding, as well as signage in the VIP lounge.
MasterCard guests are now entitled to full benefits of the exclusive SIS MasterCard VIP Lounge before and after shows including direct access to the VIP seats via the lounge, and access to parking via a private driveway.
MasterCard cardholders will also enjoy the convenience of card acceptance at the stadium's food and beverage stalls, as well as a priority line for expedited service.
This is part of Marketing Events' weekly news bulletin. To subscribe to ME's bi-monthly print magazine and online newsletters, please go to www.marketing-interactive.com/subscribe
To read ME's latest print issue in PDF click here.
- MasterCard Worldwide
MasterCard Worldwide Related Stories:
- Indian women see greater gender disparity
- Singaporeans pessimistic about job opportunities
- MasterCard realises priceless moments
- APAC consumers shop with a conscience
- APAC consumers confident yet cautious
- MasterCard's APAC marketer cashes out
- MasterCard names regional marketing lead
- Malaysian priorities: Dining & Entertainment
- MasterCard predicts consumer comeback
- MasterCard offers mobile guide Expo
- Consumers purchase with a conscience
- Women's economic confidence on the rise
- R/GA plots international outposts
- Consumers still out and about despite gloom
- Spending continues but saving rises
- Malaysia consumer confidence sinks
- The Jolt: Recession Marketing 101 - Relevance & Empathy
- Online show offers new brand exposure
- MasterCard offers scholarships to luxury professionals
- MasterCard Goes Red for Women