No eating, no anger, says MTR mascot
Hong Kong - MTR Corp has stepped up efforts to remind passengers not to eat on trains, but says the timing of the campaign is not linked to the recent online storm.
The “No Eating and Drinking” campaign comes in the wake of a video showing a local man trying to stop a Mainland Chinese man from eating on a Hong Kong subway. The furor later contributed to the anti-locust movement made popular on the Hong Kong Golden Forum.
The MTR mascots when put together mean "refrain" are the first of its series of campaigns for 2012 to remind passengers not to eat or drink on trains and in paid areas.On top of this, the MTR will increase the number of patrols by MTR staff to give out verbal warnings to people in the paid areas.
The campaign's wordy slogan “Inside paid areas, enjoy the ride. When outside, enjoy your food” will be used on posters and stickers throughout its stations from next month.Ivan Lai, head of operating of MTR Corporation, said these new identifiable and attractive icons will remind passengers to practice safe and courteous behaviour.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
- MTR Corporation
MTR Corporation Related Stories:
- Pricerite trials e-shop channel at MTR
- MTR PR veteran of 37 years retires
- Jasons spreads Christmas joy to MTR riders
- Gravitas triumphs at Mob-Ex Awards 2012
- Windows 8 goes unseen to be seen
- Tencent pushes WeChat on MTR
- MTR goes interactive with all-in-one booth
- MTR goes 3D
- Brand in crisis: MTR's bad timing
- Advertising takes centre stage for the MTR
- JCDecaux on notice with MTR tender
- JCDecaux deepens engagement with brands
- OMD apologises over MTR fiasco
- McDonald's takes top MTR award
- MTR on track to fix image crisis
- MTR unveils HK’s hidden treasures
- POAD lands MTR street-level billboard biz
- MTR enters into new augmented reality
- Sponsors embrace MTR's Soccer Fever
- Adspend strong as confidence grows