PepsiCo now Asia’s Most Woman-Friendly Employer
Asia – PepsiCo has been crowned ‘Asia’s Most Woman-Friendly Employer’ at the Women In Leadership (WIL) Awards, in recognition of its talent sustainability initiatives to build a female-friendly workplace.
The award recognises the company as one that best understands the societal role of women, and actively encourages its female executives to grow and develop their skills through training programmes and other initiatives that can enhance their leadership.
It is a business and economic necessity to include women in the workplace, especially since they represent half of the world’s talent pool, Umran Beba, president of PepsiCo’s Asia Pacific (APAC) region, said. Within the region, she added women make up a third of the executive management team.
Furthermore, women are responsible for 70% of purchasing decisions, she said. Describing diversity as a powerful engine for innovation and a key business and talent development imperative, she added, “Having a diverse pool of associates energises our workplace with new perspectives and furthers our ability to identify new market opportunities.”
Over the past year, PepsiCo has rolled out initiatives such as the inauguration of the company’s Pakistan Day Care Centre; the celebration of International Women’s Day at its APAC offices, where 100 women across the region were invited to participate in the ‘Powerful Woman’ programme; and the ‘Inclusive Pairing’ programme, where 12 high potential executives were paired with the company’s APAC executive committee members.
“We are very proud to receive this award,” Alexandra Richardson, senior director of HR at PepsiCo Australia and New Zealand, said. “Women are a key part of our future and we are committed to helping them perform at their highest level.”
The WIL Awards, held from 16 to 17 February in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, was part of the second annual WIL Forum in Asia.
To subscribe to Human Resources' monthly print magazines and daily online newsletters, please go to http://www.humanresourcesonline.net/subscribe/
To view exclusive HRTV videos and commentary on HR issues, visit The Office Snitch
More quality Lighthouse titles
Get your marketing department up to speed with Asia's most read marketing site
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia
- Pepsico International
Pepsico International Related Stories:
- Pepsi enters powdered drinks business
- Pepsi’s CNY spot grabbed 71m views in a day
- Pepsi and Beyoncé's US$50 million duet
- PepsiCo launches R&D centre in Shanghai
- Global retailers in deeper SC focus
- Bizarre HR: Sleep is for the weak
- Myanmar: Key challenges ahead
- Pepsi secures exclusive rights in Starmalls
- Say no to Coke or Pepsi, says Chavez
- PepsiCo picks logistics partner
- Pepsi inks partnership with Twitter
- Pepsi to revive with Michael Jackson
- Pepsi changes the game, literally
- Local women storm the FT Top 50
- PepsiCo promotes eco-friendly farming in China
- 7UP ropes in Wyman Wong to target youth
- Mahindra Satyam delays pay raises, PepsiCo fears attrition
- Pepsi shakes it up with Maxus
- Pepsi ads return to TV
- PepsiCo loses fizz from commodity prices