Celcom lures football fans
Malaysia – Celcom Axiata has sealed a two-year partnership with Broadway Media to offer content for football fans across the country via its mobile platform The Cube.
Through this partnership, Celcom's The Cube platform will carry all promotional activity of Astro's Indo-Pek programmes, which are brought to viewers by Broadway Media.
The Cube, which was introduced to Celcom users in September 2011, will carry rich mobile TV content such as customised video production, news, entertainment information on celebrities, content-related activities, latest music and sports programmes from the Indo Pek Pelangi and Bintang channels on Astro.
The partnership has kicked off with Celcom being the exclusive sponsor for the television coverage of the Indonesian Premier League (IPL) broadcast live via the Indo Pek Channel.
Viewers will also be able to participate in SMS-based contests through Celcom's returning ‘Who Will Win' campaign.
Dato' Shazalli Ramly (pictured), chief executive officer of Celcom Axiata said: "Through this collaboration, we are delivering current and popular content that appeals to consumers to further encourage and innovate the consumption of content moving forward."
The partnership hopes to target 25% of Celcom's 11 million subscribers onto The Cube, which already has 1.5 million active users.
Promotional activity leading up to the launch of the The Cube's offerings has already begun via online platforms, blogs, and SMS.
Follow us @Marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com.
- Celcom Malaysia
Celcom Malaysia Related Stories:
- Celcom bolts to new 4G LTE campaign
- Agency of the Year announces jury
- The MTV Show returns
- FMFA announces sponsors
- Brands look to leverage JLo tour
- Banks, telcos make up top MMVB winners
- Baking in the spirit of patriotism
- Pimp My Ride drives into Malaysia
- Celcom picks Teriang to push voice plan
- MTV World Stage returns
- Alcatel-Lucent launches Geek-the-Genius
- HTC unveils much-anticipated One series
- Celcom responds to Radiohead rumours
- Li moves from Dentsu to M&C Saatchi
- Celcom targets working professionals
- Celcom names chief marketing officer
- Celcom turns spotlight on smartphones
- Celcom marks territory with iPhone
- Malaysia SME's 180-push for Congress
- Celcom releases Kolony infestation