Leo Burnett's Chiu strikes out on his own
Regional - After 11 years with the agency, Leo Burnett's group executive creative director Chris Chiu has set up his own creative consultancy, with CEO John Kyriakou taking on the additional role of chief creative officer.
Chiu will now consult Kyriakou (pictured) and Leo Burnett Singapore on selected accounts and projects throughout the year. He has worked with the agency across its Indonesia, Thailand and Singapore ops during his tenure, donning various creative lead roles.
Meanwhile, Leo Burnett is looking for a full-time role of chief creative officer to lead the office in the long run.
Kyriakou said the agency happily agreed to a way that suits both. "He has done extraordinarily well, and has contributed significantly to the creative development and successes to the agencies he has worked at including Leo Burnett Singapore where he led the team over the past five years."
"Between Chris and me, the creative leadership will continue with minimal impact on the day to day operations for the year ahead," he added.
Chiu said after some twenty plus years in the field, starting up his own consultancy was a natural step forward.
"Being a member of the Leo Burnett global creative board and helping Jarek with the creative supervision of South-East Asia has been a tremendous experience. In the meanwhile, I will continue to assist Leo Burnett as much as necessary wherever and whenever I can," Chiu said.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leo Burnett
Leo Burnett Related Stories:
- LOOK: How Leo Burnett scares people
- Leo Burnett appoints ECD
- Twinings Tea appoints Leo Burnett
- Leo Burnett appoints Samsung business lead
- FrieslandCampina and Leo Burnett part ways
- Leo Burnett wins global brief for Pfizer
- Petronas redeems itself with Tau Fu Fah
- Relationships matter more than tech trends
- P&G celebrates Tet with mothers
- 7-Eleven markets with sweets and a big heart
- Samsung embarks on Galaxy Wonderland
- Beacon/Leo Burnett realigns digital effort
- 7-Eleven makes noise with baby on drums
- Ebay classifieds show its humorous side
- Indigo to drive hype for game show launch
- Ducks with flaming gas go viral
- BFM: the future of tobacco brands
- Leo Burnett appoints Kyriakou's replacement
- Be Natural picks agency down under
- Leo Burnett ropes in Rushbrook