Management change at BBDO Malaysia
Malaysia - BBDO has announced a change in its senior management, with current group CEO BBDO/Proximity Malaysia, Jennifer Chan taking the role of Chairman Emeritus and Michelle Achuthan heading BBDO in Malaysia.
In her new role as chairman emeritus, Chan will play a key role in mentoring the agency and focus on its largest account KFC, which it won from McCann Erickson middle of last year.
Chan has contributed to the agency's growth with it winning some of its largest regional accounts including Maxis-Hotlink, KFC, Pepsi, Fonterra, Johnson & Johnson and Mars.
Achuthan, who succeeds Chan, has been with the agency since 2003 and was promoted last year to the newly created role of managing director.
Achuthan said there won't be further changes within the agency and with her helming it, the focus will continue to be on, “The work, the work, the work,” as per BBDO's mantra.
On the new appointment, Jean-Paul Burge, SEA Regional President for BBDO said : "Michelle is a part of our DNA in Malaysia and well-known throughout the BBDO network. She has a proven track record and possesses precisely the skills and talent we need to work with our creative and planning leadership in Malaysia to continue our run of creative excellence in that market."
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BBDO Related Stories:
- DDB China nabs ex-BBDO director
- BBDO and Apax grab luxury men’s label
- BlackBerry launches much awaited Z10
- BBDO appoints strategy lead for Asia
- BBDO expands Indonesia team
- Hitting too close to home?
- Skittles advertises with mind control
- Skittles’ DIY commercial
- Hairy nose campaign for clean air
- NHB calls pitch, BBDO/Proximity appoints
- Ogilvy names creative lead for healthcare
- Proximity hires regional business lead
- Lay's adds mystery to product launch
- BBDO China adds creative power
- BBDO Guerrero promotes Bautista to CD
- Social media drives tourism success
- BBDO/Proximity appoints new CCO
- Etihad gets social, Komli receives funding
- BBDO sets up shop in Kenya
- HP awards BBDO PC biz