Aegis takes minority share in TUS
Singapore - Aegis Group has acquired a minority share in the Singapore-based digital agency The Upper Storey (TUS) following which TUS will become part of Isobar in Asia Pacific and will be rebranded as TUS Isobar.
Founded in Singapore in 2001, The Upper Storey clients include Microsoft, American Express, Intel, Daimler, Dell, Draeger, UOB, Mediacorp, NOL and Como Hotels and Resorts.
The agency specialises in digital campaigns, programs and platforms and has three divisions: The Upper Storey - strategy and creative focused digital marketing, Mofuro - motion graphics, 3D and experience design production, and Studio TUS - the group's production and technology hub.
A notable project from TUS was Dell ‘Swarm'- a first of its kind platform for PCs, the social commerce website broke new ground in online shopping by tapping into the latent potential of social networks. Piloted in Singapore in 2009, Dell ‘Swarm' has since been deployed in Australia, Canada, Malaysia and the UK with most products getting sold out within hours of their ‘Swarms' going live.
Isobar has 16 offices across 11 markets in Asia Pacific. Some of the new business wins include Kellogg's across the region, P&G, Sony Electronics, Cerebos, City of Dreams, Sony Ericsson, J&J and Korea Telecom.
Commenting on the acquisition, Nick Waters, CEO of Aegis Media Asia Pacific said, "Singapore is a vital hub and head office for many international clients so it is extremely important that we have a strong representation for the Isobar brand here. I welcome Prakash and his team to the fold."
Prakash Kamdar (pictured), co-founder and group CEO of TUS, said: "I am absolutely thrilled to have The Upper Storey join the Isobar and Aegis family. With our shared ethos, vision, and commitment to innovation, I am confident that our respective clients will be the biggest winners from this partnership."
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com.
- Aegis Media
- The Upper Storey
Aegis Media Related Stories:
- Burberry taps Aegis to drive global media
- Aegis takes ownership of WonderAd China
- Dentsu launches Dentsu Aegis Network
- iProspect bolsters APAC team
- Vizeum bags RMB500 million media account
- Roy Tan now MD of IF Isobar
- Aegis Media appoints chief innovation officer
- Aegis promotes Crook to digital lead
- Aegis Media launches social media unit
- Aegis Media names print general manager
- iProspect names China MD
- Aegis Media ups local presence
- Dentsu bags tourism media duties
- Columbus appoints Tos as national MD
- Aegis' hiring spree continues
- Aegis boosts OOH agency leadership
- Aegis to acquire Chinese digital shop
- Dentsu-Aegis: Deal of the decade?
- Aegis hires, TransAsia engages Facebook fans
- iProspect launches paid search audit offering