AirAsia in trouble Down Under
Malaysia - AirAsia is in trouble with the Australian authorities for displaying inaccurate pricing on its website for its new Sydney route.
According to news reports, The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has filed legal action against AirAsia, claiming that prices disclosed were deemed inaccurate as it did not display the full cost which included taxes, fees and additional charges.
In a statement, AirAsia said it was investigating the matter internally. The allegations are related to specific routes from Australia with transit through Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The airline also added it was currently seeking legal advice on the matter and could not comment more.
AirAsia kicked off its marketing promotions for its new airline in Sydney on Tuesday with press ads running in Malaysia.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org
AirAsia Related Stories:
- What AirAsia could have done differently?
- The AirAsia vs MAS saga continues?
- Chandilya new CEO at AirAsia India
- Five ways to be a boss like Branson
- LOOK: Virgin boss in a dress
- [LOOK] Branson in a dress
- AirAsia gets energised with EQ8
- Are elections promotions a good idea?
- Coffee, tea or Branson?
- CEOs cannot function without HR
- Tune Insurance fuels on social media
- Wong takes commercial role at AirAsia
- Talent Management 2013: The CEO's role in managing talent
- AirAsia's Jasmine Lee joins U Mobile
- FMFA announces sponsors
- AirAsia ramps up Singapore presence
- AirAsia X offers "Quiet Zone"
- AirAsia’s 1Malaysia campaign takes flight
- AirAsia makes multiple promotions
- backick kicks around discounts