Digital OOH spend in China hits US$1.8bn
Global – The digital OOH market in China topped revenues of US$1.84 billion in 2011, a 30% increase from the previous year and almost double that of the US.
A study from outdoor Kinetic, digital OOH in US saw annual revenue of US$1.1 billion, followed by the UK (US$157million), Germany (US$51mil) and Thailand (US$24mil).
In portion to total OOH revenue, China’s DOOH accounts for 36% of total OOH revenue compared to more developed markets like the US (19%) and UK (11%).
According to Kinetic, most Chinese clients use digital screens in the same way as static posters.
“Advertisers’ use of digital OOH has evolved significantly, with greater and more engaging use of dynamic content and interactivity delivering both relevant and creative messaging,” Chris O’Donnell, CEO of Kinetic Asia Pacific.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
Kinetic Related Stories:
- Kinetic launches new cloud-hosted system
- Bird Nest readies for first advertiser
- 100Plus appeals to the thirsty
- Kinetic appoints GM for Beijing
- HBO refreshes website
- Kinetic takes aim at China's Eastern region
- Lam exits Kinetic
- Kinetic drives away with Mini
- RapidKL bus journey begins for RedBerry
- Publicis, Kinetic & Tribal DDB in for Mini
- Microsoft names jury for Mouse debut
- Webbys makes entry call
- Kancils judges at the finish line
- Singapore winners at One Show Design revealed
- Singapore gets 41 shortlisted at Clios
- Singapore jurors for Cannes
- Four agencies top categories for third year running
- Web Watch - Jan08
- 2007: In the fast track
- Singapore represented in global Flag Project