AirAsia X kicks off Sydney promotions
Malaysia - After pulling the plug on its India and Europe routes, AirAsia X has turned its focus to Sydney, running a campaign in local newspapers promoting its newly launched flights to the destination.
The campaign runs with the tagline "Ladies and Gentlemen, we have arrived in SYDNEY".
The airline was in the spotlight last week when its CEO Azran Osman-Rani announced AirAsia X would be pulling out of its India (Mumbai and Delhi) and Europe (Paris and London) routes to focus on its core markets.
Prior to the announcement, the Star quoted a senior official in the airline saying that the airline would begin selling its KL-Sydney route tickets this week to stay "well ahead of the competition".
Promotions for AirAsia X's new route began yesterday, with teaser ads in local papers bearing hints of its new destination. A video titled ‘Sydney, here we come' was later posted on the AirAsia Facebook site yesterday with its CEO Osman-Rani sharing the news first with its online viewers.
Local songstress Ning Baizura also made a short cameo in the online video, singing "here we come".
The airline also held a contest for its online users yesterday where they had to come up with captions for 3 cartoons of Osman-Rani in Sydney's iconic landmarks. Five lucky winners were chosen at the end of the day and they each won a round trip for two to Sydney.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org
AirAsia Related Stories:
- What AirAsia could have done differently?
- The AirAsia vs MAS saga continues?
- Chandilya new CEO at AirAsia India
- Five ways to be a boss like Branson
- LOOK: Virgin boss in a dress
- [LOOK] Branson in a dress
- AirAsia gets energised with EQ8
- Are elections promotions a good idea?
- Coffee, tea or Branson?
- CEOs cannot function without HR
- Tune Insurance fuels on social media
- Wong takes commercial role at AirAsia
- Talent Management 2013: The CEO's role in managing talent
- AirAsia's Jasmine Lee joins U Mobile
- FMFA announces sponsors
- AirAsia ramps up Singapore presence
- AirAsia X offers "Quiet Zone"
- AirAsia’s 1Malaysia campaign takes flight
- AirAsia makes multiple promotions
- backick kicks around discounts