Rakuten tags Text 100 for PR duties
Regional - Global e-commerce site Rakuten has appointed Text 100 Asia Pacific to boost its brand visibility in the region.
Rakuten was founded in 1997 and offers internet services including e-commerce, travel, banking, securities, e-money, online marketing, sports and eBooks.
It currently has operations in Asia, Western Europe and the Americas.
Text 100 will be responsible for PR and digital communications in key markets such as China, Taiwan, Indonesia and Thailand.
Its duties include developing local corporate campaigns aimed to boost its brand visibility among its growing merchant base, develop its regional strategy and raise its brand awareness.
Mark Kirschner (pictured), head of global marketing and communications at Rakuten, said it had aggressively plans to grow and expand the business.Erica Pompen, vice president and Asia Pacific digital lifestyle practice lead at Text 100, added it would leverage its expertise to build awareness of the Rakuten brand through education and engagement.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
- Text 100
Text 100 Related Stories:
- Oldtown revamps as it extends presence
- Text100 sees senior management changes
- APAC travellers want more social media
- Malaysians digital reliant when travelling
- Text 100 wins Rexel
- Text 100 shuffles global ranks
- Top level shuffle at Text 100
- Vodafone calls up Text100
- Inmarsat hires, Microsoft ropes in agencies
- Cartoon Network picks Text 100
- PR: Integration key but talent still a problem
- InMobi spreads the word with Text 100
- Hungry like the Woolf: The new corporate speak
- KFC: A punch in the face?
- New appointments at Text 100
- Zuji renews regional agency roster
- PayPal brands with pretty boy power
- MAS handpicks Ogilvy PR
- Text 100 promotes Chee
- Text 100 Greater China ops take shape