Creative directors deck out in personal styles for Award
Singapore - SMRT Media has sponsored the Singapore Hall of Fame Creative Director of the Year award for the 2nd year running, recognising creative professionals for their leadership in the industry.
Unveiling the poster of the nominees, the launch was held today at Raffles Xchange. Designed by nominee Theseus Chan from WORK, it features the 15 nominated creative directors dressed in their personal style, which more often than not is black. Last year's winner ECD Robert Gaxiola from Bates Singapore is in the running for the award again, and this year four new faces such as Y&R CD Mark Fong and ECD Patrick Low, and JWT CD Ali Shabaz and head of art Thomas Yang, join the ranks of the creative motley crew.
James Yip, president of the IAS and executive vice president for sales at MediaCorp said, "Local contributions towards creativity in the advertising industry are often overshadowed by foreign talents, it important that we recognise them. I am happy to note that it created a storm in the advertising circle when we introduced our first list last year ."
The marketing campaign for the award includes as two large format ad posters in Raffles Place MRT Station. The winner will be announced at the Singapore Hall of Fame Gala Dinner, on 19 October.
- Institute of Advertising Singapore
- SMRT Media
Institute of Advertising Singapore Related Stories:
- Marketers laud govt incentive for digital
- Ogilvy tops Effies heap
- Should Asia get tough on scam?
- Shoestring creativity on the agenda for IAS
- DDB leads Singapore Effie finalists
- Hall of Fame adds new award
- All on for Effie Awards
- Ad 'superheroes' Moove on cabs to HOF
- First scams and now spoofs at Award shows
- 24 hopefuls vie for APAC Effies
- Tomorrow works on IAS with its GM from yesterday
- Saatchis keeps its crown at HOF
- TBWA kings of The Cage
- Hall of Fame finalists line up for win
- Icon bags World Effie Festival PR business
- First AP Effie Award at World Effie Fest