Brands spread Christmas cheer via Weibo
Hong Kong - Sina Weibo has launched a seasonal campaign where users can give gifts that keep on giving and offers brands a chance to engage with Sina users.
The campaign takes the form of a game, where users can share with their friends virtual gifts, who too can pass on the gifts to their friends. Once they send out the virtual gifts they have a chance to win the gift in reality.
Brands with prizes up for grabs include Ocean Park, Toys R Us, Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Shiseido, Blu Spa, Star Cruises, Puma, Playstation and Nokia.
Salina Ghafur, head of marketing of Sina Hong Kong, said this campaign offered a unique chance for brands to reach out to Sina users and increase their exposure towards their target audience.
"Even if users don't take part in the game, they will still be exposed to the virtual gifts through their friends account."
The game currently ongoing will continue until 22 December 2011.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
- Sina Corporation
Sina Corporation Related Stories:
- SINA and Alibaba chase S$380m in ad rev
- Sina explores social commerce with Alibaba
- Business leaders top Weibo power list
- Sina to target SMEs for ad revenue growth
- Clash of the social titans: WeChat v Weibo
- Sina to power up Weibo as revenue soars
- Weibo debuts social game for Olympics
- Sina Weibo starts charging members
- Weibo tightens grip on content
- Sina, Lenovo launch social TV
- So takes international role at Sina
- Sina Hong Kong GM departs
- IN BRIEF: Timberland, Omnicom and Groupon
- Sina ad revenue hits record US$101m
- Sina hires Ogilvy to spearhead Weibo push
- Weibo heads to McDonald's for new users
- China's netizens touch the 485 million mark
- Sky's the limit for Sina Weibo
- Sina Weibo goes independent
- Weibo takes centre stage in Sina strategy