PHD bags Hyatt's global digital media biz
Global - Hyatt has appointed PHD to handle digital media planning and buying globally, following a competitive pitch.
The scope of work will include SEM, SEO, social and display and the account will be led out of the US with a focus on key markets, particularly in Asia.
The review comes as more and more consumers turn to the internet on multiple devices to research, plan and book their travel.
PHD's ability to provide a global infrastructure with local relevance and local, direct support was a factor in the agency's appointment.
Mike Cooper, global CEO of PHD said the agency has enjoyed a successful partnership with Hyatt since being appointed agency of record in North America in 2008.
"We're delighted to be growing this relationship on a global scale thanks to our localized expertise across key markets. It's testament to PHD's search and social capabilities."
In 2010 there were 17 Hyatt properties in China, more than in any other country outside the US. In 2011 Hyatt opened four more properties and have another nine scheduled for 2012. In May 2011, Hyatt announced plans to build 30 hotels in India over the next five years.
Follow us @marketingeds on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PHD Related Stories:
- Transitions Optical chooses PHD
- PHD hires second client services director
- PHD appoints Unilever strategy lead
- Kao settles creative and media pitches
- PHD unveils Source, Smoothie King picks Rice
- PHD butters up Goodman Fielder's brands
- Gruy to lead PHD Singapore
- PHD China names strategy lead
- PHD China promotes senior talents
- Fujifilm picks PHD Philippines as media AOR
- Little change as Unilever settles media pitch
- PHD names Vietnam lead
- PHD munches on California almonds
- Dentsu bags tourism media duties
- A.S. Watson settles regional media duties
- Vita Water crafts Hong Kong love story
- Coad to lead PHD Group Australia
- PHD continues regional expansion
- PHD shacks up in Melbourne
- PHD bags Bentley's global account