Vivaki strikes exclusive ad deal with Xbox
UK - Publicis' Vivaki has struck an exclusive deal with Microsoft, to offer clients pre-roll ad inventory within the entertainment apps on its Xbox Live platform in the UK.
The offer will be exclusively available to Starcom Mediavest Group and ZenithOptimedia clients until March 2012. EMI, Samsung, Emirates, Honda, E1 and O2 are the first advertisers to take up the opportunity.
"Vivaki is constantly looking for innovative ways to enable clients to engage with their many different audiences," Vivaki UK trading director Chris Locke, said. "Working together with Xbox Live to allow clients exclusive access to this new platform is an exciting opportunity."
This marks the first time that Xbox Live has offered in-content advertising. In addition to the agreement with Vivaki, Xbox Live has also signed a number of entertainment partners including Sky, HBO, YouTube and Channel 4, among others.
"The new Xbox Live experience brings extended possibilities for marketers, placing TV advertising within an interactive entertainment context and helping them to engage a large and growing audience where they are spending their time," Xbox Live Advertising EMEA senior director Dean Carignan, said.
Microsoft Related Stories:
- Philippine Tourism: more fun on Windows 8
- Microsoft and Paramount promote Star Trek
- Locals proud of home-grown companies
- Microsoft fights piracy via SME drive
- Is engagement just a buzzword?
- Microsoft finally makes a comeback
- Android tablets tipped to outsell iPads
- Online campaigns prone to cyberattacks too
- Marketing Excellence Awards deadline extended
- Microsoft dissolves Korean R&D unit
- Microsoft’s Chu joins TripAdvisor
- Goh leaves Microsoft for Maxus
- Leslie Chu departs Microsoft
- Microsoft moves Khoobchandani to Thailand
- MediaCom China beefs up digital front
- Windows 8 kicks off Asian campaign
- Microsoft ropes in MediaCorp stars to lure locals
- Media owners line up for Windows 8 launch
- DBS launches second remix hub
- Microsoft hires developer evangelist