Pub Quiz: PHD Claims Crown
Singapore - Move over OMD, there's a new ‘smartest agency' in town!
Mayhem struck the Royal Room as teams battled it out at Marketing's 3rd Annual Agency Pub Quiz Challenge, sponsored by BBC World News, BBC.com and BBC Knowledge. One by one they fell behind pace-setters PHD who, desperate to improve on their 8th place finish the year before, held the lead from the second round onwards.
Close behind were team Starcom, who stayed in contention until the final round, eventually usurped by newcomers UM and 2009 7th place finishers Qais Consulting. Also in the hunt were reigning champions OMD, and XM.
Bringing up the rear were teams PHD 2, Zenith and OMG, who vowed to avenge their respective 7th, 8th and last place finishes next year.
The perpetual Agency Pub Quiz trophy remains on 3 Anson Road, but has found a new guardian until next year, when PHD will put its new found title ‘smartest agency in town' on the line.
To view the Photo Album, click here.
2011 Agency Pub Quiz Challenge Scoreboard
1st PHD 1 (32 points)
2nd UM (31 points)
3rd Qais Consulting (30 points)
4th Starcom (29 points)
5th OMD (27 points)
6th XM (26 points)
7th PHD 2 (23 points)
8th ZenithOptimedia (22 points)
9th OMG (21 points)
9th MediaCom 1 (20 points)
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BBC World News
PHD Related Stories:
- Transitions Optical chooses PHD
- PHD hires second client services director
- PHD appoints Unilever strategy lead
- Kao settles creative and media pitches
- PHD unveils Source, Smoothie King picks Rice
- PHD butters up Goodman Fielder's brands
- Gruy to lead PHD Singapore
- PHD China names strategy lead
- PHD China promotes senior talents
- Fujifilm picks PHD Philippines as media AOR
- Little change as Unilever settles media pitch
- PHD names Vietnam lead
- PHD munches on California almonds
- Dentsu bags tourism media duties
- A.S. Watson settles regional media duties
- Vita Water crafts Hong Kong love story
- Coad to lead PHD Group Australia
- PHD continues regional expansion
- PHD shacks up in Melbourne
- PHD bags Bentley's global account