Maybank roots for Malaysian Open players
Malaysia - Maybank has come on board as the title sponsor of the Malaysian Open and launched its 'Roar with the Players' campaign to promote the popular badminton event.
The event is jointly sponsored by Maybank and Proton this year. As part of the official transfer of sponsorship from Maybank to Proton, the sporting event will be called "Maybank Malaysia Open presented by Proton: 2012".
The event which take place at Stadium Putra at the Bukit Jalil Complex from 10-15 January 2012, offers a total prize money of US$400,000.
A new tournament logo was designed specifically for the event, the design of which was kept consistent with the bank's branding, Mohd Adam Wee Abdullah, chief marketing officer of Maybank said.
Maybank's integrated marketing campaign spans across TV, newspapers, magazines, billboards, radio, experiential and social media.
Abdullah told A+M 'Roar with the Players' is a clear call-to-action campaign, where the bank wants badminton fans to rally and support their favourite players.
He added that the campaign was set out to reach out to as many badminton fans as possible in an innovative way "bringing the whole Maybank Malaysia Open 2012 experience to another level."
The campaign runs until 15 January.
Grey Kuala Lumpur and Zenith Media are the agencies responsible for creative and media duties respectively.
Follow @MarketingEds on Twitter for breaking news throughout the day.
Have something to say? Comment on our Facebook page or contact the writer at email@example.com.
Maybank Related Stories:
- Maybank gets technical [GALLERY]
- Maybank picks Zenith as regional media AOR
- Maybank first on Windows Phone 8
- Maybank unveils new website
- Final week for MEA entries
- Transforming the Malaysian tiger
- Maybank offers One Solution
- Maybank reviews media biz
- Maybanks eyes growth in credit market
- Banks, telcos make up top MMVB winners
- Maybank targets the elite
- Maybank's Photography Awards well-received
- Maybank showcases products on History
- TMR ups print run with sponsors
- Maybank signs sponsors deal with GP
- Maybank and LUCT launch prepaid card
- Maybank and Redberry strike partnership
- Maybank signs up for golf
- Maybank cooks up TV sponsor deal
- Chong hopes for more integrated campaigns