Ogilvy Beijing strengthens strategic planning
National - Ogilvy Group has appointed Joan Liu and Saurabh Sharma as strategic planning directors based in the Beijing office.
In her new role, Liu will be responsible for strategic planning for selected MNCs and local clients while Sharma will be responsible for key multi-national FMCG clients and agency research initiatives. Their roles include mentoring the agency's local planning staff.
"The role of planner is getting more important in this industry as it helps boost the quality of work and client services. Nowadays, planners are very rare in the market; these appointments give us the opportunity to heighten the planning team here at Ogilvy," Mickey Chak, group planning partner for Ogilvy China said.
"Joan's experience as both a creative and a planner strengthens the connection between consumer insights and creative outputs, while Saurabh has been recognized for the quality of his thought leadership initiatives. Together, they serve as mentors to our local staff and help cultivate their planning skills," Shenan Chuang, CEO for Ogilvy China and President of Ogilvy & Mather Advertising, China said.
Liu was previously in planning at a creative agency in Beijing prior to her new appointment. Her background includes being a creative and has spent 14 years in the marketing field, working in both Taiwan and Mainland China.
Sharma was previously planning director for Ogilvy Mumbai's Discovery and planning team before joining Ogilvy Beijing.
- Ogilvy and Mather Beijing
Ogilvy and Mather Beijing Related Stories:
- Is stress to blame for Ogilvy employee's death?
- Ma rejoins O&M to head entertainment unit
- Taobao pushes app for 'm-commerce' growth
- Wu takes MD role at O&M Advertising
- Eschenbacher returns to O&M for regional gig
- O&M cheers to Tsingtao win
- O&M nabs Chan to ECD China role
- Agencies look to tap online brand chatter
- CBRC warn against fraudulent schemes
- Ogilvy lands Changping modernity project
- DraftFCB Shanghai wins bronze Promo Lion
- Euro RSCG hires regional marketing manager
- New work January
- Motorola taps Tuzki in digital campaign
- China Mobile’s GoTone ads bond father and son
- Marketing to China’s smaller cities shouldn’t be neglected