Mindshare names APAC head of social media
Regional - Mindshare has named Simon Ashwin (pictured) to the role of head of social media, Asia Pacific.
In his new role, Ashwin is responsible for overseeing social media efforts across Asia Pacific - leading business development, creating & evolving the Mindshare social media product & service offerings, strategic partnerships with technology partners and supporting in-market capabilities across the region.
He joins Mindshare after building the GroupM Social Media & Production Services offering across the region where he worked across all group agencies (Mindshare, MEC, MediaCom & Maxus) on clients including Gucci, DeBeers, Singapore Airlines, Unilever, Coca-Cola, BP Castrol, SAP, GSK, LG and Prudential.
He will be reporting to Mindshare head of digital for Asia Pacific, Nick Seckold.
He has over 18 years of work experience across digital marketing and advertising, project management and business consultancy, in markets such as Australia, UK, China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Laos and Singapore.
"We are excited to have Simon as part of our regional team as we continue to expand our social offering across Asia Pacific," Seckold said.
"To have someone of Simon's experience leading the charge will add significant weight to Mindshare's social product. His move from his GroupM role is another step towards ensuring Mindshare offers world class social services which are fully integrated as part of our clients' broader marketing communications."
Meanwhile, Mindshare has also hired Simon Bailey as senior director, client leadership. Bailey was previously senior manager, regional connections planning for ASEAN at Starcom MediaVest Group.
Festival of Media Asia
The Festival of Media Asia is coming to Singapore in November in partnership with Marketing Magazine.For speaker information and event details see the site festivalofmedia.com/asia
Mindshare Related Stories:
- Case study: Marketing Disney magic
- Stores stop cigarette sales for a day
- Mindshare picks up global duties for Dyson
- M+S makes agency appointments
- Kleenex drives preference through softness
- Swiss Intl. Air Lines chooses media agency
- Mindshare to offer digital GRP metrics
- Mindshare China names head of performance
- Mindshare grabs L’Oreal’s online TV business
- A future where aesthetics matter more
- Sime Darby gets creative
- Mindshare names new president for China
- Lenovo goes beyond advertising
- Mindshare fills Hong Kong MD role
- Mindshare names digital director
- Case study: Unilever's football app
- Pocky markets to youth via micro movies
- Kleenex positions as China's buttocks cleaner
- Prudential pours its heart out
- Little change as Unilever settles media pitch