TBWA brings in Swords to lead McDonald's
Shanghai - TBWA\Shanghai has shifted Brian Swords, former MD of Cawley Nea\TBWA, to Shanghai as brand team leader across its McDonald's account in China.
Swords (pictured) has worked on McDonald's account in Ireland and Europe and lead the account as McDonald's plans to kick start what TBWA said was "a massive expansion in China."
He joined Cawley Nea\TBWA in 1993 and was appointed managing director in 2004. In addition he also served as president of the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising in Ireland for two years.
Christine Xu, vice president of marketing at McDonald's China, said it has aggressive goals ahead of it and Swords has the talent to drive its strategic and creative.
Ian Thubron, president of TBWA\Greater China, said Swords is someone who can deliver for clients and marshal resources to lead its flagship account.
Festival of Media Asia
The Festival of Media Asia is coming to Singapore in November in partnership with Marketing Magazine.
For speaker information and event details see the site festivalofmedia.com/asia
- TBWA Shanghai
TBWA Shanghai Related Stories:
- Martell Noblige elegance movement continues
- Pfizer expands relations with TBWA
- GE turns to folklore to drive awareness
- Bawang adds TBWA to FMCG roster
- Ma steps into CMO role for TBWA\ China
- Michelin stresses safety in latest ads
- TBWA\ continues to add creative talent
- TBWA wins Pfizer product development
- TBWA brings home Hisense account
- Martell Noblige's Manifesto on elegance