Discovery magazine relaunches across Asia
Regional - Discovery Networks Asia Pacific and Novus Media Solutions have announced the relaunch of Discovery Channel Magazine across Asia Pacific for greater brand exposure.
The relaunch comes after the magazine was temporarily discontinued last year following ending of its publishing contract with Reader's Digest in Asia.
The magazine will be published monthly, reflecting the Discovery Channel's wide spectrum of topics such as nature, adventure, survival, psychology, environment and more.
"The idea behind the Discovery Channel Magazine is to provide additional touch-points for our viewers with the brand, and extend their interaction with us beyond television," Tom Keaveny, president and managing director of Discovery Networks Asia Pacific, said.
He added that this was a natural extension to engage with viewers whenever, wherever and offer its advertisers more integrated campaigns covering not only TV, but online, on-ground and print.
Novus Media Solutions has appointed Luke Clark as editor of the Discovery Channel Magazine. He has more than 16 years experience, in the past working for Reed Business Information Asia on TravelWeekly and as editor for Ink Publishing.
The magazine will be available at newsstands in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, Taiwan, Thailand, the Philippines and Indonesia. The rest of Asia will have access to it through subscription.
The launch of the magazine takes cues from the design and layout refresh of the channel which is unveiled at the same time.
Festival of Media Asia
The Festival of Media Asia is coming to Singapore in November in partnership with Marketing Magazine.
For speaker information and event details see the site festivalofmedia.com/asia
- Discovery Networks Asia
Discovery Networks Asia Related Stories:
- Discovery hands PR duties to Arcis
- Blumer cooks up a storm in KL
- Discovery Kids reaches out to filipino children
- Discovery busts myths with HP
- Discovery Channel hires chief shark officer
- DNAP to launch five channels in India
- TLC in reality TV push for Taiwan
- Discovery on a creativity high
- Discovery makes mobile TV move
- Dedicated feeds & local ad sales for M’sia
- HKBN expands with Discovery Channels
- More low blows in Enigmatic Malaysia mishap
- First Time Filmmaker goes Vietnam
- Discovery taps Baidu for Chinese web push
- Discovery Channel mag ramps up
- Discovery HD launches in Korea
- Discovering Hip Korea
- Discovery makes executive promotions
- Discovery integrates in India and Asia
- Škoda bands with Discovery for green message