Siemens boosts R&D in Western China
Published: Oct 19, 2011
SIEMENS AG R&D MANUFACTURING
China - Siemens AG will be building an industrial automation manufacturing and research and development (R&D) hub in Sichuan province's Chengdu city, where the new largest digital factory will seek to enhance the brand's R&D capabilities in the country.
The base is expected to begin operations by the first half of next year, China Daily revealed.
The factory will aim to cover the entire production chain digitally and integrate the use of IT systems, reducing the time taken for the products to reach the market by 50%.
"We are building the most modern digital factory in China by setting global standards in manufacturing efficiency and productivity, and providing individualised products to customers," Marc Wucherer, president of the industry sector of Siemens Northeast Asia said.
The R&D base will be a part of Siemen's global industrial automation network, initially focusing on the local market and eventually contributing to the international business.
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Get your marketing department up to speed with Asia's most read marketing site
Siemens Related Stories:
- Siemens and Samsonite in CSR push
- Siemens expands oil & gas reach
- Six shops chase SEC's global media account
- Over 1,700 Siemens employees walk
- Siemens picks Hoffman as AOR
- Siemens pumps cash into manufacturing
- Siemens bags wind turbine orders
- Siemens steps up supply chain
- Siemens reveals what clothes want
- Siemens plant to create SC jobs
- Siemens AG to cut 1,400 more jobs
- Siemens to trim suppliers
- Emerson calls on ex-Siemens Malaysia SVP
- Siemens to increase Asia sourcing
- Siemens has first woman on board
- supperclub chooses Icon
- How healthy is your workforce?
- Siemens to axe 17,200 staff by 2010
- Skilled workers wanted in Europe
- DHL lands global freight contract from Siemens